Wednesday, July 05, 2006




At last I have got around to starting a new bust last night. I am going to show this one step by step and hopefully on a daily basis, work permitting. I am sculpting this out of Super Sculpey firm, which comes in a nice grey instead of the flesh of regular Super Sculpey, I find it easier to see the detail and smoothness of the sculpt which is a problem with the regular Sculpey. The putty is smoothed over a bolt wrapped in wire and thickened with tin foil which aids in the baking process later on. Next I need to concentrate on blocking out the major muscle groups to give the bust a nice bulk and definition.

Can you tell what it is yet?

See you in twenty four.

4 comments:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Is it...Gary from Forbidden Planet ?

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Is it the artist formely known as Prince,who's called Prince again ?

Tidyfiguremaker said...

Unfortunately both are wrong, although you are on the right track with the gender. I will say that it is a fictional character, although it could be argued so is Prince.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

And Gary !!! Nobody can be that miserable all day long,it must be an act !!